LFT Kabul Mothernomics programme successfully completes training
LFT Kabul – The Mothernomics programme has successfully completed its third round of training, providing 16 new widows mothers with the skills required to become professional tailors.
Through this training, these mothers have gained practical and transferable skills in tailoring, which will help them achieve financial independence and contribute to their families’ livelihood in the future.
With their newfound abilities, they will confidently pursue their careers in tailoring and secure a sustainable income for themselves and their families.
These newly trained mothers now join previously trained others at the Mothernomics to begin their careers as part of the MOM center using the skills and knowledge, they acquired during the training to create high-quality garments.
With their new skills, they now confidently enter the producing level to earn a dignified living. The tailoring training center served as a hub full of energy for Mothers who came together to benefit from essential equipment, vocational training, capacity building, psychological coaching, and literacy classes.
The environment was conducive to their growth and allowed them to enhance their overall living skills while maintaining a well-balanced personal and social life.
The objective of this project is to facilitate the process of empowering mothers to find their ways towards sustainable livelihood. Our goal is to support these widowed mothers by providing them with the necessary tools and resources to navigate the challenges they face. As such, we aim to create a safe and supportive environment where mothers can thrive and reclaim their power.
The Mothernomics project aimed to:
• Assist mothers particularly widowed mothers who are the head of their families in acquiring sustainable sources of income by developing comprehensive and transferable vocational skills that are necessary to establish their own tailoring business.
• Enable participating women to teach these skills to others in the future to ensure a long- term sustainable livelihood solution for women who have been severely impacted.
• Build the capacity and skills of the women to design and make different designs of clothes in accordance with the demand of the customers and the market.
• Empower women by providing them with the necessary skills and knowledge to create a wide range of clothing designs that cater to the needs and preferences of their customers and the ever-changing market trends.
• Provide support and resources that empower mothers to enhance their mental health and overall well-being. By doing so, they can foster healthy relationships with their family and community.
• Empower mothers by providing them with the necessary tools and resources to develop a positive outlook towards their future through mental health intervention.
To motivate and inspire them to overcome any obstacles they may face and instill in them a sense of confidence and hopefulness.