LFT Pakistan Flood Appeal
In the recent catastrophic floods in Pakistan that have affected more than 30 million people during the past few weeks, displacing over 200,000 people and to relief camps across the country in addition to leaving over 1,000 dead, and destroying over 200,000 homes and damaging over 500,000 more.The humanitarian situation has only become increasingly worse for its civilians as the heavy rains continues to pour and causing the flood levels to rise. The cost to the food security of the affected regions is immense with over 2,000,000 acres of crops impacted and nearly 800,000 livestock lost.
The Government of Pakistan and international aid agencies have started pledging sums though the implementation of the programs is yet to be seen. In previous natural disasters, it was actually delayed and detrimental. This why at the LFT, we are appealing for funds and need you to support these people in great need in these difficult times.At the LFT, we believe that the scale of the disaster requires a coordinated and collaborative approach, and we continue to analyse data on the ground and work with large local organisations as well as small to medium-sized NGOs who are capable, knowledgeable and reliable to that we can deliver cost-effective, practical and sustainable solutions to aide the most vulnerable and act with speed.
One Donation. Twice the impact
- LFT Ramadhan Iftaar – Feroza’s Story
- LFT continues to empower communities all year round
- LFT – working with differently able communities in Gaza Karbala and Pakistan
- Effectiveness of LFT’s Eftari food contribution programme for vulnerable families in Afghanistan
- LFT’s hygiene, nutrition, mental well-being and social awareness campaigns in Afghanistan