LFT Pakistan 🇵🇰 – #YouGoatToBeKidding Appeal
This Dhulhijjah #YouGoatToBeKidding – no seriously! LFT in the remote areas of Baluchistan in Pakistan 🇵🇰 lives below the poverty line. Most vulnerable communities are the widow headed families especially the children.
Only 20% of people here have an access to safe drinking water compared to 86% in the rest of Pakistan. Village electrification is only 25% compared to 75% in the rest of the country. Only 6% of the land is cultivable and productivity is low because of the arid conditions.
Through subsistence and now cash crop farming your assistance through the LFT has allowed us to install nearly 250 solar water projects to bring agriculture back to life providing food resilience to more than 50,000 individuals including nearly 500 widow headed families with such schemes.
The goat herds provide a daily supply of milk for nutrition and as then herd grows and numbers multiply they are sold for income or eaten by the widowed mothers and their orphaned children. They are even gifted when the widowed mothers children marry as dowry to help the new couple settle down.
Can you help us distribute these flocks to a further 50 families making them financially independent and food secure?
These mothers can them bring up their orphaned children with less anxiety and make them achieve the very best in their lives.
Let’s make this a year for 250 widow headed families and their orphaned children to feel relieved and actually look forward to the future not just in Pakistan but East Africa as well.
One Donation. Twice the impact
- LFT’s Emergency Food Assistance: “If we didn’t receive this timely food package, starvation wouldn’t have been far away”
- Amina, 32, talks about her inspiring Mothernomics journey
- Food Assistance Continues to Support Needy Families in West Kabul
- Meet Marzia – a widowed woman and a beneficiary of LFT’s mental health training programme
- Latifa’s lived experience – a Mothernomics programme participant in Kabul