LFT Afghanistan 🇦🇫 food assistance to over 600 families
LFT Afghanistan 🇦🇫 – Bamiyan, Herat and Kabul and other districts.
The current situation: Following decades of turmoil the current situation in Afghanistan is unparalleled, with more than 24.4 million people requiring humanitarian assistance to survive, according to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
Food security levels have plunged at an alarming rate, leaving half the population facing acute hunger, including nine million in a state of emergency food insecurity – the highest number in the world.
With your support the LFT has been able to reach over 600 families across the regions of the country focussing assistance in the widowed mothers, orphaned children, the ill and elderly.
This has eased the situation for these families but so many more remain in a desperate position through the Holy Month.
Empowerment for the future – we have started to create a program to create food self sufficiency through farming starting with 250 families in the rural parts.
This will make an increased number of families independent for staple food needs
What else we continue to support mothers through the Mothernomics program in Kabul and ensure orphaned children receive new garments from them including school uniforms as they return to school.
Thank you for your continued support across all these areas – your support is making a tremendous difference.
One Donation. Twice the impact
- Eid Al Adha – Kabul Afghanistan 🇦🇫 LFT continuation of support to food insecure households in Dasht-e-Barchi
- Read about Mehdi- an orphaned child whose dreams come true through LFT’s educational programme.
- Meet Mahdi, a boy orphaned aged just six months old whose schooling journey was enabled by the LFT’s education program
- LFT mothernomics mothers chose to spend some of their profits on a trip to Kadhimayn.
- LFT’s Emergency Food Assistance: “If we didn’t receive this timely food package, starvation wouldn’t have been far away”